Chardham yatra is a combination of four pilgrimage sites visiting Kedarnath, Badrinath, Yamunotri and Gangotri. Traditionally, to perform Chardham Yatra the journey commences from the west and concludes in the east. That’s why Chardham Yatra begins at Yamunotri and ends at Badrinath following Gangotri to Kedarnath. Each of these four pilgrimage sites is devoted to a specific God or Goddess. Yamunotri is dedicated to Goddess “Yamuna”. Gangotri is dedicated to Goddess “Ganga”. Kedarnath is dedicated to the “Lord Shiva”. Badrinath is dedicated to “Lord Vishnu”. Each place has its own significance and known for a different reason and has a different story. At each pilgrimage site, you will find one special ritual which when combined completes the journey of Chardham Yatra.
Still cameras, home video cameras are allowed in Himalayas but only inside the temple are normally not allowed. However please do check with the authorities concerned.
Please carry if you have any BSNL Mob. Number, it works whole trip, Kedarnath & Badrinath very good connectivity Reliance mobile numbers. Some times, please be informed that it may be difficult at times to get the connection. If any urgent messages have to be sent to any of the participants, then please contact us.
All arrangements within Chardham Yatra, reserves the right to change itineraries without prior notice, depending on the weather and road condition.
A good walk on hilly areas will help you reduce some weight and should put you in the right shape. Porters will be carrying the bulk of your equipment, but it is recommended that you bring a good day pack and are fit enough to carry snacks, filled water bottle/small scissors and knife, waterproof matches, safety pins, Thermometer, Lighter, Dehydration salt (electoral) packets, Neoprene Powder and cream. Heat balm for muscles/joints, Vicksinhaler/vapourub, Chopsticks. Dry Fruits/snacks, camera, Film, Map, Jumper, Sun Hat, First Aid Kit, Light weight Rain Gear, Extra Cloth etc.
Attitude Sickness :
This is an environment related condition that can effect anyone who ascends too rapidly to high elevations without acclimatizing properly and also consult your doctor
Health Consideration :
All Tourist We do ask you to bring along your own small first aid kit (available at Pharmacies). Some of the items we ask you to bring in the kit are: Antiseptic cream or Wound disinfectant: Iodine and tube-squeeze cream. Foot care and Blister Treatment, band-aids, adhesive roll & strips, gauze pads, moleskin. (please bring ankle high boots to avoid muscle sprain.)
Antibiotics: (Triethoprim / Sulfamethoxazole – Bacterium DS or Septran DS
Anti – Inflammatory :
· Avil, Brufen or Mortin. Aspirin / Tylenol or general painkillers.
· Strong sunscreen oil, skin antibiotic cream.
We recommend that you insure yourself against sickness, EMERGENCY RESCUE, accident hospitalization, etc.. We are not liable and responsible for any damages or extra expenses that may arise from mishaps and the loss of their belongings during the pilgrimage.
Clothing’s for both extremes of climate and temperature. While driving to Chardham Yatra, it will be warm inside the vehicle and light clothing will be required, but as soon as you step out of the vehicle, warm clothing will be required to keep off the cold winds of the Himalayas. Evening will be generally cold and warm clothing will be required We recommend that you bring along the following clothing’s and accessories with you:
- Down Jacket – one
- Warm thick pullover – One
- Warm thin pullover – One
- Warm pants – Two
- Light loose cotton pants – Two
- Warm windproof jacket – One
- Cotton full sleeve T-Shirts – Four
- Thermal under pants/long – Two
- Thermal vest / warm full T-Shirts – Two
- Rain coat with hood/ Poncho (should be roomy) – One
- “Broken – in” pair of ankle high walking boots & one extra shoe laces.
- Light tennis shoes & light rubber sandal.
- Warm woollen socks-4
- Large cotton or silk scarf-One
- Warm gloves.
- Soft paper tissue and handkerchiefs – Plenty
- Monkey cap and Sun heat – one each
- Towels (one big, one small)
- Washing kit.
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Toilet kit, Nail Clipper, Scissors
- Flash Light with extra batteries (3 Set)
- Sun Glasses, Sun Hat, Monkey Cap, Woollen Gloves
- Water bottles- unbreakable (Min 1 litters capacity) can be purchased in Haridwar
- Note book, Pen, Pencils
- Camera and film and extra batteries for electronic camera
- Binoculars recommended
- Rain Gear-Your raincoat should be roomy and have a water proof hood.
- Pocket knife , Sewing kit, Buttons, Cigarette lighter, towel, bags( a few of each size strong) dust masks, strong sun cream and chopstick, Moisturizers, Money pouch/belts etc.
- Water purification tablets
- Walking stick- Can be purchased in Gourikund/Hanumanchatti
- Washing Kit
One Oxygen cylinder on rental with mask will be provide you if required. Please note that oxygen is to be used only in case of emergency